The Victorian Caravan Parks Association was formed in 1965 to protect, promote and advance the caravan park industry.
In 1985, the Association became an incorporated body.
The Association is run by a Committee of Management. Each of the 11 divisions, into which the State of Victoria is divided, is entitled to have 1 or more delegates depending on the number of members in the division, representing that division on the Committee of Management.Divisions meet on a regular basis and in addition to the work undertaken by the Association at its central office in Melbourne, the divisions enable park proprietors in any given area to discuss matters of particular mutual concern to themselves such as promotion of their parks in their own locality and the promotion of tourism to their area.
Membership has grown in recent years and now represents a significant share of the total number of caravan parks in Victoria. Membership covers residential parks, tourist parks, annual parks and many which are a mixture of all three.
The objectives of the Victorian Caravan Parks Association of Victoria are to:
- encourage participation of the whole industry
- provide a common meeting ground for members
- facilitate the collection and expression of representative opinion regarding matters affecting the industry, whether it be the Government, councils, authorities or other bodies
- establish and maintain satisfactory and harmonious relations with other sections of the industry and commerce for the purpose of furthering and developing the caravan park industry
- collect and disseminate relevant statistics technical and other matters to members
- make every effort to inform members of policies and action taken in the interest of members and the industry
- encourage and participate in education and training relevant to the development of the industry