The Andrews Labor Government’s tourism campaign Your Happy Space is urging Melburnians to cosy up to winter in regional Victoria, supporting tourism businesses and boosting regional jobs.
|Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events Martin Pakula today launched the winter campaign, which showcases the drama of winter landscapes, warming food and wine, scenic drives and cosy accommodation allwithin easy reach for a short break. |
Led by Visit Victoria, the winter campaign has been developed with input from industry and market research and will be featured on television, radio, social media, digital platforms and outdoor advertising.
The winter activity for Your Happy Space is part of Visit Victoria’s work to grow visitor spending to $36.5 billion by 2025, which will create thousands of local jobs.
It is complemented by the Labor Government’s investments in the Victorian Budget 2019/20 to boost tourism in our regions, including:
- $106 million for 30 new campsites, 30 upgraded campsites, better 4WD tracks and walking trails, a new coastal park on the Bass Coast and reduced camping fees
- $32 million to attract international, interstate and intrastate visitors
- $3.8 million to return steam trains to the Yarra Valley for the first time in 40 years
- $3 million to enhance Hanging Rock with stronger environmental protections and upgraded facilities
- $1 million for improvements to the Gippsland Plains Rail Trail.
Tourism is pivotal to the strength of Victoria’s local economies and communities – that’s why the Labor Government is investing in both marketing and infrastructure to encourage more Victorians to explore their state.
For more information about the campaign visit yourhappyspace.com.au